We're joined by Jane Graham, Vice President, Customer Success and Renewals at Kronos, to talk more deeply about the relationship between customer success and finance.
- Building the relationship early allowed for 'speed' and effectiveness when putting a plan In place during COVID
- Tracking key metrics - especially the Revenue and Cash-flow Impacts that will be realized during this situation
- This relationship (learning more about the financials) benefits you and the types of conversations you can have with your customers - understanding the situation they might be facing given that this Is a B2B environment
- Marketing, especially customer marketing, has been critical to driving value for the customer success team. Example: Learning about how to update pay-codes and packaging marketing material can be used by every CSM
- "If you're talking about your customers' problems, ultimately you should be talking about the market problems"
- Playbook design needs to be function over form - give your team flexibility to react to the situation
- Hot tip: Meet with your procurement team to share procurement plays back and forth - help understand the techniques that may be used In the Enterprise software buying space
- Give your customers access to Information that expands beyond your software and ultimately they will start to think of you as a partner
This podcast is brought to you by Jay Nathan and Jeff Breunsbach of Customer Imperative, where we help B2B SaaS organizations build growth & retention strategies. Learn more at https://customerimperative.com/
Jay Nathan: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaynathan/
Jeff Breunsbach: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffreybreunsbach